The Batman

The Batman
Good? or Evil?!!!

No worries little Poochie!

No worries little Poochie!

This is MY Batman!!!!

This is MY Batman!!!!

27 August 2009

The Joy of Brownies and Half Pints...

Today I babysat my almost two year old niece and it was awesome! First of all, Dad, I get it, she is so way cuter than me. I give in to that fact. After a morning of playing pretty much anything she wanted to play we began to prepare lunch. I can't cook much, however, I am the Master of Mac & Cheese. And she is my perfect little audience. I asked her how that sounded and her beautiful eyes lit up and she said "o.k." ! And she proceeded to drag her little princess throne chair into the kitchen, angled it along side me ( at a safe distance from the stove of course) and happily cheered me on as I made her lunch. And I have never seen anyone get so excited at the point where you add the cheese and milk ( except maybe for me....) and it brought all this JOY to my heart!


After the mac n cheese delicioso lunch of fabulosity, I asked what she wanted to do next. " Nap?!" she inquired with that " I'm almost a 2 yr old" inquisitive look.... " Why of course!!! What more perfect way to top off the mac n cheese lunch than with a sippy cup of milk and a fine siesta???" I asked of her. And o my gosh... there they were.. the dreaded Furrowed Brows! WHAT???? How can SHE have the furrowed brow trait when that originates in my husbands family??? Bizarre...... after my breathing returned to normal I realized she simply thought me crazy as she understood not one word of my conversation with her!!! My bad.... I am used to holding complete conversations with my dogs and they totally understand EVERY word. But HOW PRESUMPTUOUS of me to just take it for granted that my baby niece would also understand!

Anyhow, once I resolved this conflict in my own head, I happily got her milk,my water and we settled into my brother, Matts, reclining chair. She quickly snuggled in and fell asleep. And, P.S. did i mention she's a complete little Angel-baby half pint??? OK, I may be a liiitle biased as she's my niece; but honestly, she's every babysitters dream kid. She's mellow, self entertaining and completely adaptable. Which, when you think about it, are all things that will help her greatly when she is ready to for school, high school and then college. And then ready to join the workforce.... she's a shoe in!!!!

I digress, as usual.... where was I?? O ya, point being it reminded me just how much we adults can learn from a child. We often times forget in the harry carry world of work, economic collapse, worrying about the end of the world, etc..... to take time to see our lives through the eyes of a child. My Angelena is my new center. My new "Just Breathe". My refocus reinforcement!!!! It was great timing what with my being out of work and all and hubby trying to foot ALL the bills on his own. Needless to say there has been quite a bit of stress on both of us; I have been desperately searching for a job, but it takes time.

The other thing my niece reminded me of was Dance as if Nobodys Watching.....which we waaay did.... although I believe I caught a look of embarrassment from Angelbaby as I was really letting loose to Footloose... Really??? my 2 yr old niece, embarrassed by moi???? Sigh.... they grow up way too fast!!!

When she woke up from her nap, we decided to make home made brownies for when her dad, mom and sister got home from wk/school. So we did. And after that batter was poured into the bowl we took one spoon each, squatted down to the kitchen floor and preceded to happily lick those spoons! In the end I don't know who had the most frosting on their face! But I certainly know who had the most joy in her heart. ME. All from hanging out with a child and remembering the right way to embrace life!

So there you have it. Try to make some time to see our life thru the eyes of a child.... you'll be amazed at what u find!!!!

In the meantime, Heres to You, Mr I Package the Brownie Ingredients To Make Kids Happy Guy!!! You're a Real Man of Genius!

Hug A Kid You Love!








No comments:

Post a Comment

.commentshown {display:inline}

AND....

AND....
One last sentiment for the mean people who suck!

Labor Day Lounging

Labor Day Lounging
hanging with the pallies....

Still Daddy's Girl

Still Daddy's Girl
Me and Dad

Dad and I

Dad and I
at a family BBQ

Thoughts that bring a smile...

Thoughts that bring a smile...
The jeep and the in-laws

My Brothers and I

My Brothers and I
Last Christmas.... Theres No Place Like Home...