The Batman

The Batman
Good? or Evil?!!!

No worries little Poochie!

No worries little Poochie!

This is MY Batman!!!!

This is MY Batman!!!!

01 September 2009

There's No Place Like Home.....


" ... The seas only gifts are harsh blows. And occasionally the chance to feel strong. I don't know much about the sea; but I do know that's how it is here --- and I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to BE strong but to FEEL strong. To measure yourself, at least once. In the most ancient of human conditions. Facing the blind, deaf stone alone, nothing to help you but your hands and your own head..."

--- Into the Wild Excerpt

Life can be a HUGE CRAP SAND WHICH. I mean, really- right?! We hear the platitudes ; One day at a time, keep on keeping on, things can only get better.....I really TRY to live by the ' Un Dia La Vaiz" platitude ( one day at a at ime ).It works off and on... until life throws one thing after another after another...waaa waa waa blah blah blah. What--- EV-- ER! ( notice: subtle White Chicks reference....). The best mantra ever is the ol " Money is the root of all evil". I realize now that it TRULY is. I was never aware of it before; I always held rally good jobs with generous compensation.... until now... then WHAMMIE... out of work!

Husband is desperately trying to pay all the bills and support myself and our 6 and a half kids. ( of the animal kind of course...) Times are tough. The economy is Ultra sucking... ( but thats a WHOLE other can of worms!

Anyhow, my parents are where I go when I need to have the comfort of simply being and breathing. So, Sunday afternoon I thought I would give husband a break from all my WHACKED OUT emotions and leave him in peace for awhile. Besides, a nice Jeep ride always helps with calmness. And when I combine that with visiting mom & pops in the home where I grew up; the house that is absolutely DRENCHED in delicious subtle scents ( not in the least perfumy...)
which encourage fond memories to hug me; well--- thats pretty much my bliss.

I felt my heart get a bit lighter immediately mid Jeep Ride And lighter still as I closed the distance to my parents house.

Memo to self: I have the best parents in the WORLD. I know; many, many people proclaim the very same thing ( those poor, misguided souls!) but mine really are THE BEST!

No sooner had I crossed the threshold of my childhood home, all my childhood memories came RUSHING back. Because here was all the old familiar deco and scents rushing over to greet me.

My parents were in the "den" relaxing; mom in her small comfy chair and dad in his big ol Lay-Z-Boy recliner. They were both reading and relaxing and calm.

So, I hung out and stayed through a fine dinner consisting of tuna sandwiches, rice and dill pickles...D---LISH!!!

Before I had time to realize it, my once heavy heart was much, MUCH lighter. And it really helps to unburden oneself to SOMEONE who understands. Who loves you No Matter What. Unconditionally.

Who Says You Can't Go Home ( ok taken from one of the recent Bon Jovi album titles/songs... what can I say?!) That's a TOTAL FARCE! I can. And do. And LOVE it.

So next time you find it difficult to breathe, go home. And your home may not be your mom and/or dads. It's wherever HOME is to you.... it is, as they say, Where you hang your Heart. Where you breathe best and laugh hardest. !


" Let Not Your Hearts be Troubled"!!! For you can Always go HOME--- wherever that may be for you.

Hug your family!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

.commentshown {display:inline}

AND....

AND....
One last sentiment for the mean people who suck!

Labor Day Lounging

Labor Day Lounging
hanging with the pallies....

Still Daddy's Girl

Still Daddy's Girl
Me and Dad

Dad and I

Dad and I
at a family BBQ

Thoughts that bring a smile...

Thoughts that bring a smile...
The jeep and the in-laws

My Brothers and I

My Brothers and I
Last Christmas.... Theres No Place Like Home...