The Batman

The Batman
Good? or Evil?!!!

No worries little Poochie!

No worries little Poochie!

This is MY Batman!!!!

This is MY Batman!!!!

19 September 2009

The Angels ROCK IT OUT....


O.K. ; So, I just realized that my last few blog posts were pretty sad/toxic/angry. SO, now, I present.... the ROCKIN' ANGELS and their volleyball FABULOSITY....

Today we had a round robin tournament in which we played 2 other teams for a total of 4 complete games. And can I just say, these girls have more heart, and determination than the whole entire city of Albuquerque! Probably even more than the whole state of New Mexico.... ( and I'm TOTALLY NOT biased at all; so what if I'm the coach? And so what if I happen to LOVE each and every one of these kids?! ) Not to mention we won every single game.... aced em all!!!

We had worked SO hard at the previous Thursday practice with the focus on diving and going where the ball goes and CALLING THE BALL. And those little Angels remembered. And they HUSTLED. And they played their 9-11 year old hearts out!

It was AWESOME. And INSPIRING. And completely full of contagious JOY!

I could NOT have been more proud if I had actually given birth to each and every one of them! ( Which, thank goodness, I was spared the birthing of 9 kids... ;-) ).

It's so amazing to see them grow in confidence and ability. And they are so humble and kind. They could certainly teach adults everywhere a few things!
I learn from them at every single practice and at every game. I am reminded to be kind. And patient. And encouraging. And JOYFUL!

It would do people a TON of good to slow down, BREATHE and remember what's truly important in life.... our fellow men; kindness, courage and joy.

When I began helping out with this little team, I figured that hopefully, I would be able to teach them something. I NEVER imagined how much I would learn from these kids. These magnificent little Angels! And I am so thankful that I have been reminded over and over, what life is REALLY about.

Take a little time to follow your bliss!
And hug those you love... ( and maybe even those you don't love)

' Til next time......:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.commentshown {display:inline}

AND....

AND....
One last sentiment for the mean people who suck!

Labor Day Lounging

Labor Day Lounging
hanging with the pallies....

Still Daddy's Girl

Still Daddy's Girl
Me and Dad

Dad and I

Dad and I
at a family BBQ

Thoughts that bring a smile...

Thoughts that bring a smile...
The jeep and the in-laws

My Brothers and I

My Brothers and I
Last Christmas.... Theres No Place Like Home...