The Batman

The Batman
Good? or Evil?!!!

No worries little Poochie!

No worries little Poochie!

This is MY Batman!!!!

This is MY Batman!!!!

08 September 2009

Working out???? O ya... beginning 2 remember....


Must. Get. On. the. Bike.... And so I begin a very long and could what also be a completely IMPOSSIBLE road to getting back in shape. My mom so kindly passed on her recumbent bike to me as she and my dad are now members of the ultra cool YMCA! And they are doing great , I may add. So them ; along with the fact that I have just taken the position of Coach to a totally wonderful group of little volleyball players, has me worrying that if I don't DO something than they will be going through the trauma of having to administer CPR to their fallen coach at the next practice.....

This may be hard to believe but I was actually once quite a work out fanatic. To the point of actually being diagnosed with Exercise Induced Bulemia from my doctor! What? I love to eat and HATE to vomit so I didn't exactly grasp the concept at the time... it was more anorexia but complicated because it was from working out!!! Needless to say...I don't have that problem anymore!!!

So the past two weeks I have done 3 days/ wk just 30-50 minutes cardio with some weights thrown in and of course stretching and abs. But now I realize, I must step it up! This realization coming on the heels of our two hour practice last thursday. And I was dying! I mean , I was seeing the light on the other side and everything. My husband tells me I have the wrong idea of coaching. He says I should just sit in a lounge chair with a whistle and a drink and instruct from the sidelines. Very funny Mr Hilarious. I, however, come from the school of total complete hands on involvement training! Lucky for those girls of fabulosity that I'm coaching... or is it UNLUCKY for them?? All I know is that at 1 am friday morning I was at Wal Mart buying a whistle and a jump rope and all these ideas for practice were bouncing to and fro in my mind and I felt like I just had a triple shot of caffeine or something.....shew...

Anyway, I apologize for the bouncing thoughts. I will try harder to stay focused. So today, in an effort to push myself so the Angels ( thats the team name... great eh?) could be proud of a coach who could keep up; I bravely punched in 55 min on the bike in the interval training mode. And with the support of all my animals cruising in and out of the work out room randomly, I somehow made it! Then I jumped a little rope. Did lots of stretching and abs. And now I can't move. And I'm getting sore already. If I weren't so old and busted... I swear I don't feel older than 22. So what the HAY??!!!

So, if you are reading this, please pray that I don't kill myself working out before we even get to the next games.... it would be greatly appreciated, as the Angels need a coach to actually be able to play the in the games :-) And any good thoughts you can send my way I will absolutely take....

Now I am off to take a looong shower and then sprawl out on the couch w/the animals and watch, what I feel, is a well deserved movie!

Have a great day and tell someone you love JUST how much you love them:
I love you thiiiiis much Daniel!!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.commentshown {display:inline}

AND....

AND....
One last sentiment for the mean people who suck!

Labor Day Lounging

Labor Day Lounging
hanging with the pallies....

Still Daddy's Girl

Still Daddy's Girl
Me and Dad

Dad and I

Dad and I
at a family BBQ

Thoughts that bring a smile...

Thoughts that bring a smile...
The jeep and the in-laws

My Brothers and I

My Brothers and I
Last Christmas.... Theres No Place Like Home...